- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breast filets, cubed
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1-inch) ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set mixture aside.
- Over medium-low heat in a large skillet or wok, toast sesame seeds for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Place toasted seeds in a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet, turn to medium heat and cook chicken until lightly golden. Add onions, ginger, broccoli, and pepper. sauté for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, add soy sauce mixture and toss to combine. Cook until sauce is desired thickness, but no more than 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!
- Enjoy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry with brown rice or quinoa.
NOTES RECIPES :
Yields: 4 servings | SmartPoints: 8