You’ll no longer need take out after making this one point healthy gyro from home. It’s made with boneless, skinless chicken tenders- flavored with classic gyro seasonings, and homemade zero point tzatziki sauce.
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders or breasts-raw
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of coriander
- Pinch of dill weed
- Pinch of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp saltg
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 pitas- for these gyros I like to use Joseph’s ® Flax, Oat, Bran Whole Wheat pita. They are only 1 point per pita!
- 1/4 cup Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add diced onions. Cook onions until they are caramelized. Remove onions from skillet.
- Using that same skillet, spray the skillet with more nonstick cooking spray. Cook chicken tenders over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all the seasonings. Stir until well combined. Sprinkle seasoning mix over the top of chicken and continue cooking the chicken until it is no longer pink.
- To assemble to the gyros.: heat pita on a skillet for a few minutes and layer onions and 4 oz. cooked chicken into a pita.
- Drizzle with my Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce or you can use store bought Tzatziki sauce for additional points.
- Store leftover chicken in an airtight container the fridge for up to a week. The Tzatziki sauce will stay fresh in airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Makes 4 gyros 1 serving =3 oz. chicken, onions, 1 point pita, and Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce 1 WW Point™ per serving
Smartpoints Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce: Makes 8 servings/ 2 Tbsp for Zero Personal Points. I recommend using a thick Greek yogurt (Fage or Chobani) for Tzatziki Sauce
Smartpoints for gyro: GREEN: 3 SmartPoints for the gyro if you use Joseph’s pita and the homemade Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce BLUE/PURPLE: 1 SmartPoint for the gyro if you use Joseph’s pita and the homemade Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce