- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 ounces small cooked shrimp (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- To make the sauce, In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and pepper. Mix until well blended and set aside.
- Set a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray over medium-high heat. Add the coleslaw mix, bean sprouts and 1/3 cup water. Cover and cook until the mixture has softened, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Uncover and if needed, cook and stir until water has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce, shrimp, scallions and water chestnuts. Cook and stir until hot and well mixed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite egg roll condiments. (I like Trader Joe’s sweet chili sauce, hot mustard and soy sauce.
- Nutritional Estimates (Entire Recipe): 270 calories, 6g fat, 27g carbs, 8g fiber, 28g protein.
Recipe Additions and Variations:No fresh bean sprouts? Substitute the canned kind.No water chestnuts? Leave them out.Spicier? Serve with a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce or hot mustard.No Shrimp? Substitute shredded cooked chicken or pork.Different protein? Use Ground pork, or turkey or chicken or beef. Begin by browning the meat in your skillet and then continue with the recipe as written.Vegetarian? Skip the shrimp and add vegetarian crumbles or tufu instead. Weight Watchers Points Plus: *7Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *1Nutrition FactsEasy Healthy Egg Roll Bowl RecipeAmount Per Serving (1 bowl)Calories 270Calories from Fat 54% Daily Value*Fat 6g9%Carbohydrates 27g9%Fiber 8g32%Protein 28g56%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.