351 Cals 43 Protein 6 Carbs 16.5 Fats
PREP TIME:5 mins
COOK TIME:15 mins
TOTAL TIME:20 mins
This easy Fish Florentine recipe, made with a pan seared firm white fish served on a creamy bed of spinach feels like something you would order out in a fancy restaurant!
- 4 5 oz thick pieces of skinless white firm fish fillet (such as grouper, bass or halibut)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 9 ounces fresh baby spinach, from two bags
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, I like Philadelphia
- ¼ cup half & half cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter, red bell pepper and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach season with a pinch of salt and pepper mix until the spinach wilts down.
- Add cream cheese, half & half and parmesan cheese mix well until cream cheese is melted and resembles creamed spinach.
- Heat a separate skillet on medium high heat, add remaining oil and butter.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place on the hot pan.
- Cook 6 minutes on first side and flip fish over and cook other side an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- Divide the spinach mixture on the bottom of each plate and top with piece of fish.
- Points 6
Refrigerate leftovers up to 2 days or freeze in individual containers for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave about 3 minutes.
Serving: 1fish filet with scant 1/2 cup spinach, Calories: 351kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 43g, Fat: 16.5g, Saturated Fat: 6.5g, Cholesterol: 78mg, Sodium: 300mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g