These Low Point Hearty Beef Enchiladas are popular with people of all ages. I have had many recipe requests from friends and neighbors who tried these and loved them. They will become a staple in your home!
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
TOTAL TIME35 minutes
- 2 packages of the Mission White Corn Tortillas, super size
- 1 ( 16 oz. ) can of fat free refried beans
- 1 (20 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp diced olives
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
- 1 pound 96% ground lean beef or 99% ground turkey
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese ( I use Trader Joe’s lite 3 cheese blend)
- 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet pan with non stick cooking spray. Cook ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and 2 tsp of water and reduce heat to low for 60 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, refried beans, green chiles and cooked ground beef. Stir until well combined.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish or 2 ( 8 x 8) baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- If you prefer the tortilla crispy, then you will want to first cook tortillas in a skillet, sprayed with non stick cooking spray for 1-2 over medium heat on each side.
- Then top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beef mixture. Roll up and place seam down in prepared baking dish.
- IIf you use two (8 x 8 ) baking dishes-you will add 7 enchiladas per dish.
- Repeat for all 14 tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of sauce.Add diced olives.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 14 enchiladas
3 Points® per enchilada
Smartpoints: GREEN: 4 SmartPoints per enchilada if using white corn tortillas or 3 SmartPoints per enchilada if using ole wellness tortillas BLUE: 4 SmartPoints per enchilada or 3 SmartPoints per enchilada if using ole wellness tortillas PURPLE: 4 SmartPoints per enchilada or 3 SmartPoints per enchilada if using ole wellness tortillas
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 14 SERVING SIZE: 1 Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 164TOTAL FAT: 6gSATURATED FAT: 0gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 3mgSODIUM: 383mgCARBOHYDRATES: 18gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 10g Do not use the WW nutritional calculator to calculate points. The nutritional calculator does take zero point food ingredients into consideration and will not be accurate. Personal Point values and nutritional information is estimated and calculated using the brand of ingredients listed in the recipe. PersonalPoints values may vary depending on the brand of ingredients used and depending on your customized zero point foods list.