Having dessert on a keto diet can be kind of tricky. Most of the recipes you’ll see out there call for weird or expensive ingredients or coconut flour. As someone who is a lazy cook, who really hates to bake, and doesn’t like buying weird expensive things I thought I would just have to get over having dessert.
Then I stumbled across a recipe for some low carb cheesecake and decided with a little tweaking these could be amazing. When thinking dessert you often think that it’s something that’s “forbidden” on a diet but these pack a good amount of fat, are pretty low calorie, and low carb. A keto persons dream dessert!
I don’t usually keep a lot of sugar substitutes in my house because I don’t care for the texture a lot but I am a BIG FAN of Jordan’s Skinny Syrups. I started using the Vanilla for my coffee and then the Mango for tea and got hooked. These bottles are a bit smaller than what you can buy from Starbucks but they’re available at Gordman’s, TJMAXX, or Home Goods! If you don’t have any of those near you can still buy them online from Amazon. They have SO many flavors and I have personally tried Vanilla, Caramel, White Chocolate, Peach, Mango, and Almond. They are all really good and can be used for so many different things!
s I started to make this cheesecake at 9pm at night while I was in my PJ’s I realized that I didn’t have enough sweetener to make them. You know me, once in my PJ’s I certainly am not leaving the house again. So, I took a look at my bottles of syrup, said why the heck not, and went to town. If you don’t want to purchase these syrups you can still make this cheesecake so I will give you both recipes so you can decide. I do find that the syrup is actually cheaper to use than buying sweetener so there’s that as well.
1 1/4 cup Almond Flour. (Order from Amazon)
1/4 cup sweetener. We recommend using Swerve Sweetener, but any zero calorie sweetener should work.
3 pumps OR 3 Tbls of Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (Order from Amazon)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3 1/2 oz Cream Cheese
4 Tbls softened butter
If you don’t have sugar free vanilla you can increase the sweetener to 3/4 cup and add 1tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the butter with the sugar free vanilla syrup. Beat on high until well combined.
- Add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time; mix well after each egg.
- Add all the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- In a greased cupcake pan measure out 1/4 cup portions into 12 cup portions.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Enjoy!Based on the ingredients you use these come out to 148 calories, 1.5 grams of net carbs, and 13 fat grams per cupcake. So if you’re feeling like you need something to hit that dessert spot these are definitely a great option! You could also play around with using different flavors of the syrups for something new!