- 125g mascarpone
- 25ml espresso or strong coffee
- 1 tsp pure stevia powder
- 1 TBSP erythritol
- 50g whole almonds
- 40g coconut flour
- 20g melted coconut oil
- 10g unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp Sukrin icing ‘sugar’
- make espresso, add stevia and erythritol and stir until both have melted, reheating in microwave if necessary; set aside to cool then refrigerate.
- roast almonds for 5 minutes, let them cool, then put them in a zip lock bag and break them up using a meat hammer or similar.
- in a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone until soft, add coffee, coconut oil, coconut flour and almonds.
- mix well, then rest in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- remove from fridge, scoop some mix and form a ball by rolling it around between your palms (about the size of Ferrero Rocher).
- mix cacao powder with Sukrin icing sugar and coat each truffle (small serving tongs make the job easier and neater).
- transfer to a serving bowl or individual paper cups and store in the fridge in a sealed container.
This recipe yields 14 servings, with 1.5 net carbs per each!