- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour gluten free, if needed
- 1 cup sugar white, brown, coconut, or sugar free subs * See notes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 tablespoon oil of choice canola, vegetable, or any neutral flavored oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup frosting of choice optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold through your blueberries.
- Transfer the cake batter into the lined cake pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan completely, before frosting, if desired.
For a layer cake, double the ingredients. For a triple layer cake, triple the ingredients.
Frosting is optional. This cake tastes delicious sans frosting.
* For a sugar free cake, replace the sugar with monk fruit sweetener or erythritol.
TO STORE: Blueberry Lemon Cake needs to be stored in the fridge, as it will spoil at room temperature. Keep cake in a sealed container or covered in plastic wrap. Storing the cake this way will ensure the cake will keep for at least 5 days.
TO FREEZE: Leftover cake slices can be placed in a ziplock bag and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 29g