- ▢4 slices center cut bacon
- ▢6 cups about 24 oz cauliflower florets
- ▢3 cloves crushed garlic
- ▢1/3 cup 1% buttermilk
- ▢1 tablespoon whipped butter
- ▢3/4 tsp kosher salt
- ▢fresh black pepper to taste
- ▢2 tablespoons minced fresh chives divided
- ▢1/4 cup shredded reduced fat shredded cheddar
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp; set aside on a paper towel then crumble.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil and add cauliflower and garlic. Boil until the cauliflower is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, and return to the pot.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the buttermilk, butter, salt and pepper to the cauliflower and purée with a hand blender. If you don’t own a hand blender, a regular blender would work fine as well.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of the chives and transfer to 4 individual casseroles (3/4 cups each) or one 8 x 8 casserole dish and top with cheddar and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes then top with remaining chives.
Serving: 3 /4 cup, Calories: 112 kcal, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 1.5 g, Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 1.8 g, Cholesterol: 11 mg, Sodium: 107 mg, Fiber: 4 g
3 Point per serving