- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders or breasts-raw
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of coriander
- Pinch of dill weed
- Pinch of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 pitas- for these gyros I like to use Joseph’s ® Flax, Oat, Bran Whole Wheat pita. They are only 1 point per pita!
- 1/4 cup Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add diced onions. Cook onions until they are caramelized. Remove onions from skillet.
- Using that same skillet, spray the skillet with more nonstick cooking spray. Cook chicken tenders until tender. Remove chicken tenders or breasts from skillet.
- Using a sharp knife and fork slice chicken into thinly sliced or bite size pieces. Put the chicken pieces back into the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all the seasonings. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle seasoning mix over the top of chicken and continue cooking the chicken until it is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- To assemble to the gyros: heat pita on a skillet for a few minutes and layer onions and 4 oz. cooked chicken into a pita.
- Drizzle with my Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce or you can use store bought tzatziki sauce for additional points.
- Top with fresh tomatoes, if desired.
- Store leftover chicken in an airtight container the fridge for up to a week. The tzatziki sauce will stay fresh in airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Makes 4 gyros
1 serving=3 oz. chicken, onions, 1 point pita, and Zero Point Tzatziki Sauce
1 WW Point™per gyro.