- Low calorie cooking spray
- 300g beef frying steaks, all visible fat removed, cut into bitesize pieces.
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely cubed
- 1 celery stick, finely cubed
- 200g baby button mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 level tsp gravy granules
- 110g ready-to-roll light puff pastry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/gas 7. Place a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the steak, carrot, celery, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, thyme, beef stock and gravy granules. Bring to the boil, then cook over a high Add the mixture to a pie dish.Roll out the pastry on baking paper large enough to cover your pie dish. Brush the rim of the dish with a little of the egg, add the pastry lid and seal the edges with a fork. Make a hole in the centre of the pie, then brush the lid with more egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry has risen.
Will you be trying this recipe out? Make sure you pin it for later 🙂