I was never a fan of string beans until I learned how to cook them properly. Now I love them. The trick is not to overcook them. This is a quick, healthy side dish for all you garlic lovers out there.
PREP TIME:5minutes mins
COOK TIME:10minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:15minutes mins
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh string beans (washed, ends trimmed)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced thin)
- salt and fresh pepper
- Bring a large saucepan filled with 1 inch of water to a boil.
- Lower a steamer basket filled with the green beans into it, tightly cover the pan, and steam for 4-5 minutes (don’t overcook), until the beans are tender crisp. Drain.
- In a saute pan heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add string beans, salt and fresh pepper to taste and toss well.
Serving: 1/4 of recipe, Calories: 99kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 7g, Sodium: 7mg, Fiber: 4g
– WW Points: 2