A simple, slim and delicious steamy meal-in-a-bowl that’s sure to satisfy. This is delicius <3 <3
Prep Time10 MINS
Cook Time30 MINS
Total Time40 MINS
Nutrition FactsEasy Healthy Chicken Vegetable Rice Soup RecipeAmount Per Serving (1 /6th recipe, about 2 cups)Calories 215Calories from Fat 45% Daily Value*Fat 5g8%Carbohydrates 18g6%Fiber 3g12%Protein 24g48%
- ▢6 cups chicken broth
- ▢1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- ▢2 teaspoons olive oil
- ▢1 medium-large onion, roughly chopped
- ▢2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- ▢2 stalks celery, sliced
- ▢½ teaspoon dried basil
- ▢½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ▢12 ounces shredded cooked lean chicken (or turkey)
- ▢2 cups broccoli
- ▢2 cups cauliflower
- ▢⅓ cup long grain white rice
- ▢Salt & pepp
- Place the chicken broth and diced tomatoes in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a Dutch oven, or soup, pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and stir them together with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes, partially covered, until the onion is golden and carrot has begun to soften.
- Add the basil and thyme and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the cooked chicken or turkey, broccoli, cauliflower, rice and boiling broth mixture. Give the soup a stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until the vegetables and rice are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste before serving.