These Homemade Peanut Butter Hearts are made with no sugar added chocolate chips and low point peanut butter-which makes for a tasty, Weight Watchers friendly, Valentine treat! This is very delicius <3
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 38TOTAL FAT: 3gSATURATED FAT: 2gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 2mgCARBOHYDRATES: 5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5gPROTEIN: 1g
PREP TIME5 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME40 minutes
TOTAL TIME45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp + 1/4 tsp peanut butter-I like to use Own Your Hunger Peanut Butter, American Dream Nut Butter “Butter My Cup” peanut butter, or if you wanted use 2 Tbsp + 1/4 tsp of powdered peanut butter such as: PBFit mixed with 1 Tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup or 64 grams no sugar added chocolate chips- I like to use ChocZero no added sugar milk chocolate chips
- Melt no sugar added chocolate chips with 1/4 tsp peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, stir and continue to microwave in additional 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir until chocolate is nice and smooth. Use a small spoon or paint brush to coat the inside cavity of each heart mold with the melted chocolate. Continue process until you have coated 15 heart cavities.
- Place heart cavities into the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and lightly coat the cavity with another layer of melted chocolate. You’ll want the sides of each cavity to have thick coat of chocolate.
- Place the molds back into the freezer for another 5-8 minutes.
- Place peanut butter in a small bowl and place in a microwave for 15 seconds. Having the peanut butter melted makes it easier to place in the cavity.
- Remove mold from the freezer and place a tiny dollop of peanut butter on top of the cooled inside the molds. Using a toothpick spread around inside the mold.
- Return to freezer for about 10 minutes. Remove from freezer. Reheat the remaining chocolate. Add a small dollop of melted chocolate over the peanut butter and ensure the peanut butter is completely covered. Continue process until you have covered all 15 cavities. It can get a bit messy..don’t worry they will turn out beautifully when they cool.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, then remove from freezer. Remove the hearts from the molds.
- Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or the freezer for up to 2 months.