Easy flavor-packed chicken parmesan pasta made simply in one pot with heavenly melty mozzarella cheese.
COOK TIME 30 mins
COURSE Main Course
SERVINGS 4 people
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts cubed
- 1/4 tsp Salt & Black Pepper each
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 lb. Rigatoni uncooked
- 1 15 oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp Fresh Chopped Oregano or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 2 cups Water
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add oil to a large deep skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add chicken and cook until bottom is golden, flip chicken over and cook until golden and cooked through (165 degrees). When done, transfer chicken to a plate.
- Next, add onions and butter to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes until onions are tender. Add minced garlic and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for the cheeses) to the skillet along with the cooked chicken and stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until rigatoni is cooked, stirring halfway through.
- When done, remove pasta from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and cover to melt.
- Serve pasta with fresh grated parmesan, red pepper flakes and fresh chopped parsley (optional). Enjoy!