We love finding ways to enjoy the deliciousness of pizza without the excess carbs and calories. And this new spin on Buffalo chicken pizza is a MUST-TRY! The crust itself is made of CHICKEN instead of starchy dough! Get ready to flip over our latest high-protein swap…
- 6oz shredded chicken
- 1/4c medium wing sauce
- 2c shredded mozzarella, separated
- 1c almond flour
- 3tblsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2tsp Italian seasoning
- 4tblsp ranch dressing
- 1oz blue cheese crumbles
- In a slow cooker, cook plain chicken breasts on low until tender.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken into medium size pieces.
- Over medium heat, saute chicken for about 5 minutes in your favorite wing sauce until all pieces are equally coated and heated through; set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, microwave 1 cup shredded mozzarella and the cream cheese for about 35 seconds until they start to melt.
- Add the almond flour, egg and Italian seasoning; stir together until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, evenly spread the dough into a rectangle shape. You may want to poke holes to prevent air bubbles from forming.
- Bake the plain dough for 12 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Spread ranch dressing on the crust.
- Top with 6 ounces of shredded buffalo chicken.
- Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top of the chicken; add remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella on top of the pizza.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Per serving: 717 calories, 13g total carbs, 9g net carbs, 54g fat, 48g protein (Note: Please remember these numbers are based on the brands I used and may vary slightly with other brands.)