- 4 medium potatoes, pealed and sliced very thin (I used white potatoes)
- 8 oz (about 2 cups) cooked shredded chicken
- 1.5 Tbsp light calorie reduced margarine
- 1.5 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- ⅔ cup light shredded mozzarella
- 5 Tbsp light ranch dressing
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 4 Tbsp real bacon bits
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice your potatoes into very thin circle slices, as thin as you can get them.
- In a pan on the stove over medium heat melt your margarine, add in flour and mix, then whisk in milk. Stir often until sauce thickens, this could take about 10-15 minutes. Then stir in your oregano, dash of salt and pepper, 3 Tbsp of ranch dressing (leave 2 Tbsp aside for top) and your cheese, stir well til cheese is melted.
- Use half of your potatoes and layer them on the bottom of your dish. Sprinkle half of your chicken (4oz) and 2 Tbsp of your bacon bits on top of potato slices. Pour half of your cream mixture over top.
- Layer remaining potatoes, chicken and bacon bits, then pour remaining sauce on, top with your remaining 2 Tbsp ranch. (To evenly spread the ranch I placed mine in a small zip lock bag, cut of end and drizzle over dish)
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 65 minutes. Cut into 6 equal portions
Notes:SP Freestyle- 7 using WW recipe builder
Smart points- 8 using SP calculator
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 295..Fat 8.2g..Saturated fat 2.5g… Carbs 29.5g…Fiber 3.2g…Sugars 3.8g.. Protein 25.5g using My Fitness Pal