gr: 8 bl: 8 pur: 8 SP.. 345 Calories
PREP TIME:15 mins
COOK TIME:25 mins
TOTAL TIME:40 mins
For the chicken:
- 24 ounces about 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
White Yogurt Sauce (makes 1 1/4 cups):
- 1 cup Stonyfield Whole Milk Yogurt with Probiotics
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- prepared mild harissa, optional for drizzling
- Season the chicken with lemon juice, garlic, cumin, oil, salt and spices. Set aside at least 15 minutes, or as long as overnight.
- Combine the ingredients for the white yogurt sauce and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook, heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the chicken and leave until the bottom is completely browned, about 5 minutes before flipping.
- Cook on the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes, until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the chicken continue cooking, about 10 minutes, until just about cooked through in the thickest parts (no worries if it’s not completely cooked).
- Set aside on a cutting board and chop the chicken into thin strips and add back to the pan to brown and finish cooking, 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Assemble the salad by dividing the lettuce, tomato and red onion.
- Top with chicken and drizzle with yogurt sauce (this is your dressing) and harissa, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Serving: 1salad, Calories: 345kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 37.5g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 666mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 7gBlue Smart Points:8Green Smart Points:8Purple Smart Points:8Points +:9