- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots, peeled
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts plus 1/4 cup for topping
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 8 oz 1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well.
- Add grated carrots and pineapple; mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, batter will be stiff and dry but keep folding it and it will all come together. Fold in 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into an 8″ x 3″ cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for about 40-50 minutes, depending on pan size or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake is pulling away from sides of pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Garnish with remaining chopped walnuts.
Serving: 1slice, Calories: 216kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 392mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 22gFreestyle Points: 7Points +: 6