yield: SERVES 3 prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 50 MINUTES total time: 1 HOUR
Make this delicious Black Pepper Chicken Traybake for dinner tonight, simple dish with roasted cauliflower and baby potatoes.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs – 400g/14oz
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp of black pepper ( I used coarse ground)
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- 1 red onion
- 600g/21oz of baby potatoes, skin on
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- ½ cup (120ml) of chicken stock
- cooking oil spray
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and leave in water for 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Add to the bowl the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add in the chicken thighs and toss to coat.
- Scatter the potatoes, red onion and cauliflower on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Season with salt.
- Place the chicken thighs between the veg evenly spaced out.
- Pour into the tray the chicken stock.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 mins. take out half way to rotate the potato and cauliflower and scatter with some fresh chopped coriander.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – syn free per serving
- Original/SP – syn free per serving (swap the potatoes for butternut squash)
- WW Smart Points – 7 per serving
- Gluten Free – use a gluten free soy sauce/stock