4 Point per serving
- ▢1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, or use gf soy sauce*
- ▢1/2 cup chicken broth*
- ▢1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ▢2 tablespoons mirin
- ▢1 tablespoon sugar
- ▢2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ▢1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- ▢1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- ▢1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ▢1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ▢1 pound chicken breast, sliced very thinly
- ▢2 cups broccoli florets
- ▢sesame seeds as garnish, if desired
- In a large measuring cup or bowl add the soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, mirin, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper and whisk until everything is completely dissolved.
- In a large skillet add one teaspoon canola oil on medium high heat and cook half the chicken until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with the second half of the chicken and an additional teaspoon of oil.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add in the remaining oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30-45 seconds until very fragrant but not browned.
- Stir the garlic and ginger well and add in the sauce, whisking well.
- Add in the broccoli and let the sauce cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add in the chicken and stir well to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Serving: 1 cup, Calories: 249 kcal, Carbohydrates: 14.6 g, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 0.7 g, Cholesterol: 73 mg, Sodium: 766 mg, Fiber: 1.6 g, Sugar: 6.2 g