- 1 1/2 lb. 99% lean ground turkey or 98% ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger or 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup matchstick or shredded carrots, diced
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chili paste or sriracha
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add turkey, and cook for about 5 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble meat up. Drain any excess fat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add green onions, chopped carrots, and water chestnuts. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile in a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and chili paste or sriracha.
- Drizzle sauce over the turkey mixture. Gently toss until evenly coated. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add about ¼ cup turkey or chicken mixture to each lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with more green onions, chili sauce, or soy sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers very well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat and add a splash of soy sauce and/or chili sauce, if desired.
Makes 12 ( 1/4 cup) servings
1 Point per serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 93TOTAL FAT: 1gSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 30mgSODIUM: 240mgCARBOHYDRATES: 5gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 14g