Moist and super simple to make: this sugar free banana bread is perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. At 4.4g net carbs per slice, it is suitable for low carb diets. Gluten free and grain free.
Low Carb Sugar Free Banana Bread
It is possible to make moist and delicious low carb banana bread with REAL banana and still keep the carb count low! Check out this almond flour banana bread recipe – it has gorgeous notes of cinnamon and is studded with crunchy walnuts. Find plenty of tips and recipe variations in the post!Course Dessert Cuisine British Keyword low carb banana bread, no sugar banana bread, sugar free banana bread Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 40 minutes Servings8Calories 205 kcal Author Katrin
- 1 1/2 cup / 150g almond flour or ground almonds
- 1/2 cup / 120g mashed banana 2 small or 1 large, very ripe
- 3 eggs large
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup / 50g granulated erythritol
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup / 30g walnuts, crushed
- Preheat the ove to 180 Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs together with the mashed banana and melted butter until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients – almond flour, erythritol or sweetener of choice, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the bowl with the egg/banana/butter mix and blend until well-combined.
- Last, stir in the crushed walnuts, reserving some to sprinkle over the top of the bread.
- Line a small (7 x 3.5 inch / 1 lb) loaf tin with parchment paper and fill in the dough. Sprinkle the leftover walnuts on the top.
- Bake for circa 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Check the cake at minute 30. If the top is already brown enough, loosely place aluminium foil over it so it does not burn.
- Let the banana bread cool completely before slicing.
The walnuts are optional. You can use any other nuts in this recipe or even replace them with sugar free chocolate chips.
A pinch of nutmeg would also work well.
If you only have a regular size 9 x 5 inch loaf tin, you can double the recipe. In this case, increase the baking time to about 55-60 minutes.
One slice weighs circa 60 grams. Nutrition FactsLow Carb Sugar Free Banana BreadAmount Per ServingCalories 205Calories from Fat 155% Daily Value*Fat 17.2g26%Saturated Fat 3.4g21%Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3gMonounsaturated Fat 1.8gCarbohydrates 6.4g2%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 2.7g3%Protein 8g16%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Free Londoner.