- 8 large eggs or 12 egg whites
- 1/3 cup skim or unsweetened almond milk
- 6 oz. or 1 1/2 cup diced ham ( I use John Morrell diced ham)
- 1/2 cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely diced
- 1/3 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup light or fat free cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings as desired, such as: diced avocado, hot sauce, salsa, or fat free sour cream/non fat greek yogurt
- Cut, deseed, and dice the red and green peppers and onion.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spray a skillet with non stick cooking spray; add green and red peppers, and onions.
- Cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Add diced ham, cheese, and cooked veggies. Whisk until combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until puffy and set. ( Remove eggs from the oven before they are completely set since the heat from the dish will cause them to continue to cook for a few minutes once they are removed from the oven. Eggs are best when they aren’t over cooked. )
- Slice into 6 even pieces. Serve with your favorite toppings.
1 Point® per serving if made with fat free cheese or 2 Points® per serving if made with light cheddar cheese