- 4 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- dash of DAKS SPICES SALT-FREE SUPER GREEK SEASONING (Optional)
- dash rosemary
- dash ground cumin
- dash ground coriander
- dash oregano
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 low point pita (I use JOSEPH’S ® FLAX, OAT, BRAN WHOLE WHEAT PITA)
- 2 Tbsp. ZERO POINT TZATZIKI SAUCE
- In a skillet, spray nonstick cooking spray and add raw onions. Cook until they are caramelized.
- Add chicken tenders, rosemary, ground cumin, ground coriander, and oregano. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Place onions and chicken into a pita (Heat up pita on a skillet for a few minutes) and serve with tzatziki sauce
Servings: Makes one gyro for 1 Freestyle SmartPoints® if you use Joseph’s ® pita and the homemade tzatziki sauce
Tzatziki Sauce Directions:
- In a food processor or blender, blend together: 1 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 garlic clove, minced, 1 small English cucumber, diced (the long, skinny ones), 1 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. fresh dill until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a small mixing bowl and fold in nonfat plain Greek yogurt. Stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Servings: Makes 8 servings/ 2 Tbsp for 0 Freestyle SmartPoints®
- I recommend using a thick Greek yogurt (Fage or Chobani) for Tzatziki Sauce