7 Freestyle Points 282 CaloriesPREP TIME:5 minsCOOK TIME:20 minsTOTAL TIME:25 minsYIELD: 4 servingsCOURSE: DinnerCUISINE: ItalianThis quick and easy Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli Orzo is a dish the whole family will love and it’s ready in under 30 minutes!
- 5 ounces uncooked orzo pasta, or gluten-free pasta
- 3 cups of roughly chopped fresh broccoli florets only, no stems
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp, tails removed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and broccoli and cook according to package directions for al dente. Reserve about 1/2 cup liquid before draining.
- Drain orzo and broccoli in a colander and add the oil to the pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden, 30 seconds. Return the drained orzo and stir to combine all.
- Add 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid, or more as needed and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter and oil over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, flip, then add another 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add red pepper (if using), lemon juice, and parsley. Toss to evenly coat.
- To serve, divide the shrimp and sauce over 3/4 cup orzo.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Serving: 4oz shrimp 3/4 cup pasta, Calories: 282kcal, Carbohydrates: 20.5g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 180mg, Sodium: 251.5mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%Freestyle Points: 7Points +: 7