Easy, homemade, mini stuffed bagel balls filled with cream cheese! This copycat Bantam Bagels recipe is made with no yeast, no boiling, no fancy mixer!
PREP TIME:10minutes mins
COOK TIME:25minutes mins
TOTAL TIME:35minutes mins
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix* ((5 oz in weight))
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (make sure it’s not expired or it won’t rise)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (diamond crystal, use less if using table salt or mortons)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt, it will be too sticky (I recommend Stonyfield))
- 4 tablespoons 4 ounces, or half package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 1 egg white (beaten (whole egg works fine too))
- optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes**
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls. Flatten each ball into circles, then place 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese on each. Cover the dough well and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Top with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice if desired.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before eating.
Air Fryer Method:
- Spray the basket to avoid sticking.
- Preheat the air fryer 325F. Transfer in batches without overcrowding and bake 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
- No need to turn. Let cool at least 10 minutes before eating.
*To make them gluten-free I tested them with Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1 Gluten Free flour mix, see notes above for oven temp and bake time. The points are 4 SP each with this flour.
**Toppings may add calories and points.
Serving: 2bagel balls, Calories: 173kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 10.5g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 3.5mg, Sodium: 549mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g
– WW Points: 5