This Easy Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole is packed with eggs, onion, bell peppers, sausage, cheese, and topped with crispy tater tots. This makes for an awesome meal prep breakfast casserole and takes just a few minutes to throw together. It’s filling, hearty, and great way to start your morning! This is very delicius <3
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 255TOTAL FAT: 10gSATURATED FAT: 2gCHOLESTEROL: 152mgSODIUM: 752mgCARBOHYDRATES: 26gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 23gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 12g
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME45 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 5 minutes
- 28 oz. frozen tater tots, divide-not thawed
- 1 (9 oz.) package Jimmy Dean’s turkey sausage crumbles
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs or 1 and 3/4 cup liquid eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey sausage crumbles, onions and bell peppers and cook until the sausage is heated through and onions are softened.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Drain grease, if needed.
- In large bowl whisk eggs, almond milk, green chilies, parsley, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese. Set aside
- Place 10 oz. ( about 1 cup) of the tater tots into the prepared baking dish. Pour the sausage mixture over the top and spread into an even layer.
- Pour egg mixture over the sausage mixture; use a spatula to spread into an even layer. Top with remaining tater tots.
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until eggs are set and the tater tots are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with chopped chives or green onions, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or stored up for up to 2 months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight.