This Easy Lightened Up Mexican Casserole has layers of corn tortillas, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, salsa, and then lightened up using Laura’s 96% Lean Ground Beef-this Mexican Casserole is guaranteed to become a new family favorite!! This is delicius <3
4 Points® per serving
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 240TOTAL FAT: 1gSATURATED FAT: 1gCHOLESTEROL: 33mgCARBOHYDRATES: 32gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 26gFIBER: 6gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 17g
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME30 minutes
TOTAL TIME45 minutes
- 1 lb. 96% Laura’s Lean ground lean beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups fat free salsa
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic, or 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ( 15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 ( 4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 1 ( 10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 10 white corn tortillas or any low point tortilla -I use Mission white corn tortillas. *see note section
- 1/2 cup reduced fat or fat free cheddar cheese -I use Velveeta shreds or Trader Joe’s lite Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook lean beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain meat, if needed.
- Cook until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, green chilies, and taco seasoning. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet or pan with non stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Cook tortillas for 1-2 minutes on both sides. Repeat until all 10 tortillas have been cooked.
- Layer five tortillas on the bottom of the prepared pan-don’t worry if they overlap.
- Spread half of the mixture over the layer of tortillas. Add another five tortillas on top.
- Spread the remaining mixture evenly until the tortillas are fully covered.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings such as: olives, cilantro, red peppers, diced tomatoes, green onions, guacamole, and/or fat free sour cream