This Tex-Mex Pasta Chicken Salad is an easy and delicious pasta salad packed with pasta, cooked chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, and topped with a creamy, spicy, flavorful dressing. This is Perfect .
Nutrition Information: Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 222TOTAL FAT: 4gSODIUM: 412mgCARBOHYDRATES: 29gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 27gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 15g
- 10 oz. dry short pasta such as; bowtie, penne, rotini, cellentani, shells, or elbow. You can substitute for whole grain pasta or you could also use gluten free pasta, for a gluten-free option.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) corn, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced (optional )
- 3/4 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light Kraft mayonnaise
- Lime juice, from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Whisk yogurt and light mayo in a small mixing bowl. Add lime juice, cumin, salt, chili powder and smoked paprika and whisk until well combined.
- In a large serving bowl combine the cooled pasta, cooked chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro.
- Stir in the dressing and mix until well combined. Cover and let it chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Garnish with diced avocado and more cilantro, if desired.
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME1 hour
TOTAL TIME1 hour 20 minutes