bl: 5 gr:5 pur: 2SP
PREP TIME:5 mins
COOK TIME:40 mins
OTAL TIME:45 mins
Mashed sweet potatoes with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg, topped with a caramelized brown sugar crust. Sweet potatoes are a must for Thanksgiving and this dish will be a hit on your Holiday table.
- 5 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled until soft (6 cups cooked)
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 3 tbsp whipped butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unpacked light brown sugar
- When the potatoes are cooked and soft, combine them with milk, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl and mash or puree until smooth.
- Spoon into a 9 x 9 or 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 covered, until heated through, about 20 minutes. If making ahead, and baking from the refrigerator, add more time as needed until the center is hot.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar evenly over top.
- Broil about 6 inches from the flame until the sugar melts and becomes caramelized, careful not to burn. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let it stand until the melted sugar hardens (about 5 minutes).
Serving: 1/2 cup, Calories: 100kcal, Carbohydrates: 21.5g, Protein: 1.5g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 72mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 8gBlue Smart Points:5Green Smart Points:5Purple Smart Points:2Points +:3