Who does’nt love a 1 point cookie!! I know.. I know.. your thinking, “who eats cookies for breakfast”? These blueberry oatmeal breakfast cookies are filled with lots of goodness and what I like to call a mix between a muffin and a cookie.. and at 1 smart point each you can have a few… or 5 😉 Don’t wait too long to bake up a batch of these, I promise you’ll love them!
Blueberry oatmeal breakfast cookiesAuthor: DrizzleRecipe type: BakingPrep time: 10 minsCook time: 14 minsTotal time: 24 minsServes: 30 1SP/PP each
- 1.5 cup oats (I use Quaker quick oats)
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp milk (I used 1%)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen but fresh would work too)
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a large cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix all your dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk your egg, add in milk, vanilla, apple sauce and mashed banana.
- Add wet to dry and mix well, slowly fold in your blueberries. * Note because I used frozen it does affect the colour of the cookie slightly.
- Bake in oven for approx 14 minutes, let cool.
- Makes 30 cookies at 1 smart point each (1PP) Cookies are best the day you make them, you can store in fridge for a day or two otherwise freeze them.
- Nutritional info (not incl blueberries & banana) per cookie.. Calories 40.. Fat 0.9g…Sat fat 0.2g…Carbs 6.5g… Fiber 0.7g…Sugars 0.7g..Protein 1.4g