prep 10 mins
cook 25 mins
total 35 mins
yield 3 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving (rounded up)
- Original/SP – 1 syn per serving (rounded up)
- WW Smart Points – 8
- 455g (1lb) of extra lean ground pork
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¾ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ¼ tsp of ground sage
- 1 tbs of maple syrup or brown sugar (2.5 syns)
- spray oil
- 6 medium sized eggs
- fresh chopped parsley
- red chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f ( gas mark 7)
- Add the pork, salt, paprika, black pepper, ground sage and maple syrup to a bowl and mix to combine (but don’t oven work).
- Spray 6 holes of a muffin tray.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal size balls and flatten as thin as you can. Push down one flattened ball into the muffin tray, so it makes a cup shape. Repeat with remaining mixture, until you have 6 cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins, until they are just starting to caramelize on the edges.
- Remove from oven and use a spoon to push mixture back down into a cup shape, as some shrinkage will of happened.
- Carefully crack an egg into each cup.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-13 mins until the egg have just set over the top (this will yield a soft yolk, if you like hard yolks, then leave in for about another 5 mins or so).
- Season the top with salt and black pepper, a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley and some red chilli flakes if using.
- Serve with your choice of sides – enjoy!!