prep 20 mins
cook 40 mins
total 60 mins
yield 3 servings
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
- Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa per serving
- Original/SP – 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points – 7
For the bread:
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx 800g/28oz)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 30g of parmesan cheese, grated
For cheesy garlic topping:
- 30g of parmesan
- 50g of mozzarella
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs of fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor in batches and keep pulsing with the blade until it is all fine and almost like a dough.
- Add the cauliflower to a clean tea towel and roll up around the cauliflower like a sack. Keep squeezing until you get as much liquid as you can out from the cauliflower (This is really important).
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add in the parmesan and 3 eggs and mix till well combined.
- Line a large tray with parchment paper (use two trays if you don’t have a large one). Lightly spray over the top with spray oil.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal size balls, and flatten out as flat as you can get them, into 3 large oval shapes.
- Spray over the top with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins.
- In the meantime, add the minced garlic, parsley, mozzarella and parmesan to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- After 30 mins remove the cauliflower bread from oven and carefully flip over the and place back in the oven for another 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and add the cheesy garlic topping to the bread and spread out.
- Spray over the top with spray oil and place back in the oven till the cheese is melted and lightly golden – approx 8 minutes.