- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, can use artificial sweetener such as Splenda if desired
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line eighteen muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the sugar, applesauce, eggs and oil until frothy. With the mixture at low speed, alternately add the bananas and buttermilk with the flour mixture; stire until just combined (do not overmix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
Remove from the cups and cool completely on a rack.
I came across this yummy cupcake which has 150 calories and is 3 weight watchers points