These Fluffy Blueberry Lemon Pancakes are everything you want in a pancake- fluffy, soft and super easy to make! They are hands down the best fluffiest WW pancakes out there!
- 2/3 cup Gold Medal self rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or 1/8 tsp of lemon extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 TBSP GRANULATED SUGAR SUBSTITUTE
- 1 1/4 cup fresh or thawed blueberries, divided
- In a large mixing bowl combine, 2 egg whites and using a hand mixer, beat until nice and foamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients ( except blueberries). Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently fold in egg whites. Then fold in 3/4 cup blueberries.
- Spray a non stick skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat skillet on medium high.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto prepared skillet, making 4 inch pancakes.
- Cook pancakes on medium high until little bubbles start to form at the top of the pancakes. About 2-4 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes or until lightly golden.
- To make blueberry compote: spray a small skillet with non stick cooking spray, add 2 Tbsp of sugar free MRS. BUTTERWORTH’S SYRUP and 1/2 cup fresh or thawed blueberries. Cook on medium high and continue stiring until blueberries and syrup thicken. Remove from heat and pour compote over the tops of pancakes.
Servings: Makes 9 pancakes
GREEN: 1 Smartpoint for 1 pancake or 3 pancakes for 4 SmartPoints
BLUE: 1 Smartpoint for 1 pancake or 3 pancakes for 2 SmartPoints
PURPLE: 1 Smartpoint for 1 pancake or 3 pancakes for 2 SmartPoints
- The point value may differ depending on the brand of self rising flour you use. The Gold Medal brand has less points than most self rising flours and does make these pancakes lower in points.
- I recommend using a canola oil base non stick cooking spray. I have noticed that the pancakes will stick sometimes to cooking oils such as coconut oil or sunflower oil.
- In order to calculate the smart points on a recipe you have to enter the ingredients in manually (by ingredient) not by the nutritional information in the ww recipe builder-since this recipe contains zero point items the app doesn’t realize there is zero point items in the recipe and will calculate it based only off the nutritional info which is not accurate.
- The key to making these pancakes nice and fluffy is beating 2 eggs whites together. Did you know that egg white when beaten really well-create a foam like texture? That is what makes these pancakes thick and fluffy. Therefore this is a critical step to ensure the pancakes turn out thick and fluffy.
- You can substitute the lemon juice/extract and blueberries for your favorite extract and/or fruit.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 72TOTAL FAT: 1gSATURATED FAT: 0gSODIUM: 204mgCARBOHYDRATES: 12gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 11gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 5gThe SmartPoint values and nutritional information is estimated and figured based off the brand of ingredients listed in the recipe using the WW app. The SmartPoint values may vary depending on the brand of ingredients used. To calculate the Smartpoint value on a recipe you will need to enter the ingredients in the WW app manually by creating a recipe using the recipe builder. The WW app does not recognize the zero point ingredients in recipes and will calculate it based only off the nutritional information; which will not be accurate.