- 2 eggs large
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract optional
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low to medium heat . Grease the pan with oil or butter. When it’s hot enough, a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately.
- whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar, set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until light and foamy. Whisk in the melted butter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just to combine. Don’t over mix, a few lumps are fine.
- Pour the batter in 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared pan. sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of berries on top.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form on top and the sides start to set, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve right away, or keep on a baking sheet fitted with a cooling rack in a 200 degree oven. Serve with more blueberries, butter and maple syrup.
Batter will be thick, that’s ok! If it is too thick to pour, thin with 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
Serving: 1Pancake | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 0.9mg