Spicy chunks of chicken star in the creamy Slimming World Cajun chicken pasta. Mix up your midweek pasta recipes with a Cajun kick!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g dried linguine
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 230ml chicken stock
- 250g plain quark
- Few sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat your grill to medium-hot. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Spray a separate non-stick baking tray with low-cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Cajun seasoning, the paprika, cumin, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken and toss well to coat evenly with the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on the lined baking tray and grill, without turning, for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Spread out the mushrooms on the other baking sheet and grill for 8-10 minutes, stirring once, until tender and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the pack instructions. Drain, then return the pasta to the saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- Spray a large, non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion, peppers and garlic and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes until softened (add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the chicken stock if the pan gets dry). Stir in the remaining stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the linguine to the pan and stir until heated through. Add the chicken (plus any juices) and the grilled mushrooms. Heat, stirring, until everything is warmed through. Take the pan off the heat, then stir in the quark and season to taste. Sprinkle with the coriander.
- Divide between 4 plates and serve straight away.