- 1 Almond Flour Pie Crust
- 1 cup Granular Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 6 pieces Unsweetened bakers chocolate, chopped (42 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
Almond flour pie crust:
- 2 1/2 cup Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Besti Erythritol (or any sweetener of choice*; omit for savory pie crust)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt (or 1/2 tsp for savory pie crust)
- 1/4 cup Ghee (measured solid, then melted)
- 1 large Egg (or ~2 tbsp additional ghee)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
For almond pie crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9 in (23 cm) round pie pan with parchment paper, or grease well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, erythritol (if using), and sea salt.
- Stir in the melted ghee and egg, until well combined. (If using vanilla, stir that into the melted ghee before adding to the dry ingredients.) The “dough” will be dry and crumbly. Just keep mixing, pressing and stirring, until it’s uniform and there is no almond flour powder left. (Alternatively, you can use a food processor to mix it all together.)
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. You can flute the edges of desired; if it crumbles when doing this, just press it back together. Carefully poke holes in the surface using a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. (Add fillings only after pre-baking.)
- Make the pie crust and set aside to cool
- Add the Swerve, corn starch, xanthan gum, and salt to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine. Add the egg yolks, vanilla, and almond milk, cocoa powder, and whisk to combine, Heat over medium heat.
- When the mixture starts to bubble and is thick like pudding, remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate and the butter until completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate pudding into the pie crust and let set up in the refrigerator for atlas 4 hours.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream
- If your mixture seems lumpy, pour it through a sieve to get it silky smooth.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g