- 1 15 oz Can chickpeas drained and deskinned *
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno roughly chopped (about 1/2 a jalapeno)
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Place all ingredients, up to the olive oil and water in a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- With the machine running, stream in the Olive oil and water and continue processing until super creamy and smooth.
- Spread on ALL THE THINGS.
TIPS & NOTES:
* to deskin the chickpeas, drain and rinse them and then pour them onto a kitchen towel. Pick each one up and lightly rub your fingers together and a thin, papery skin will come off. Discard that and repeat with remaining chickpeas.
Calories: 62kcal (3%) Carbohydrates: 8.7g (3%) Protein: 1.9g (4%) Fat: 2.4g (4%) Saturated Fat: 0.3g (2%) Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5g Sodium: 114mg (5%) Potassium: 68mg (2%) Fiber: 1.7g (7%) Sugar: 0.1g Vitamin A: 20IU Vitamin C: 2.8mg (3%) Calcium: 12mg (1%) Iron: 0.5mg (3%)