- 3 cups leftover brown rice cooked
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp each of chili powder and paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 large whole egg, beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 medium scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- oil spray
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 4 tsp soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce, (or more soy sauce)
- In a bowl, season shrimp with cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a hot wok, over medium high heat, spray a little oil and cook the eggs, when cooked, remove from pan and set aside, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, when hot add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute until no longer translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice and leave in the skillet to let the bottom brown, 2 to 3 minutes, stir and add the egg, soy sauce and fish sauce, mixing well for about 2 minutes.
- Add greens of the scallions and serve.
Serving: 11/2 cups , Calories: 307kcal, Carbohydrates: 37.5g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 191mg, Sodium: 500mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 0.5gBlue Smart Points: 6Green Smart Points: 7Purple Smart Points: 1Points +: 8