- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon vodka (to keep it from freezing too hard)
- Blend eggs and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in salt, milk, cream, and instant espresso. Chill overnight if you have time. If not, go to the next step.
- Add vodka, if using. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze.
If left in the freezer over 24 hrs, ice cream may become hard and difficult to dip. Let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften.
If you need or want to avoid raw eggs, you might consider using a different recipe.
Looking for a “lighter recipe”? Use 2 cups of milk and 1 cup cream instead of 1 cup of milk and 2 cups cream. I do it all the time, and it goes down just as easily. Having said that, it’s not quite as rich and creamy as the original.