- Pressure Cooker
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves defrosted
- 2 yellow onions slivered
- 2 green peppers slivered
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Add chicken broth to Instant Pot.
- Place metal grill piece (came with Instant Pot) on the bottom of your pot and place chicken on the grill in a single layer.
- Empty half of the seasoning packet onto the chicken.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and set the seal. Press the “Poultry” button and let the pressure cooker work its magic. I used defrosted chicken so after the standard 20 minute poultry cook time, my chicken was cooked thoroughly.
- When the timer goes off (indicating the end of the cook time), release the pressure slowly and remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken and shred it. You can shred it manually with a fork or toss it into a food processor. I used my food processor and shredded all of the chicken.
- Press “cancel” on your Instant Pot to turn off the pressure cooker mode. Leave the taco seasoned chicken broth in the pot and add the raw onions and green peppers.
- Add the shredded chicken and the remaining half packet of taco seasoning.
- Stir until just combined. Replace the Instant Pot lid and select “Slow Cooker” mode. Choose how long you’d like it to slow cook. I made the chicken in the early afternoon hours and we were eating this for dinner that same night. I selected 4 hours on the slow cooker mode to keep it cooked and warm until dinnertime.
- A few minutes before you are ready to eat, drain the fajita mixture and place it in a bowl.
- We served the meat with typical taco fixins’ on the side (lettuce, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes) and also put out hard taco shells and soft tortilla shells.