Seems unbelievable but it is an actual Keto burger recipe!
For the buns:
2 c. mozzarella
4 oz. cream cheese
3 large eggs
3 c. almond flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
4 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt together mozzarella (shred it first) and cream cheese.
- Add eggs and stir to combine then add almond flour, baking powder and salt. Form dough into 6 balls and flatten slightly then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley. Bake until golden, 10-12 minutes.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 scallions
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 7 oz. shredded cheese, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 oz. butter, for frying
¾ cup mayonnaise
5 oz. cooked bacon, crumbled
4 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
2½ oz. sliced dill pickles
4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Chop up the salsa ingredients and stir together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix in seasoning and half the cheese into the ground beef, combining with hands or a wooden spoon until blended.
- Make four burgers and fry in a pan or grill if you prefer. Add the remaining cheese on top towards the end.
- Put your burger, salsa and toppings on the bun and enjoy!