- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp melted ghee (coconut oil or softened butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener, Lakanto (or coconut palm sugar for paleo)
- 2 cups fine ground almond meal or flour (from blanched almonds)
- 1 tbsp pastured gelatin (for chewy factor, but you may omit)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp flake salt (if using fine salt only use 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 cup milk (I use cashew milk, or coconut milk)
- 1 cup chopped chocolate chunks or chips (I use Lily’s)
- Preheat oven to 325F convection (or 350F bake).
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg until frothy.
- Keep whisking as you add in the oil, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Mix well.
- Add in the almond meal, baking soda, salt, and gelatin.
- Whisk to combine the dry ingredients.
- Then combine the wet and dry ingredietnts with a spatula until the dough is crumbly.
- Add in the milk, mix well until the dough comes together again.
- Once the dough is moist, chop the chocolate into small pieces and fold it in.
- Shape 1 inch balls with the dough, roll between your hands to make smooth, even balls and place them 2 inches apart on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Gently flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand or the back of a spoon.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the base of the cookies turns golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool for ten minutes. Enjoy!
- The gelatin is there to make them chewy once the cookies cool down. You can use peptides if you want a protein boost or you can omit them all together, the recipe is still bombdotcom.
- Macros, per cookie: C 113, F 11.2, Carbs 3.2, P 3.7
- SERVING SIZE: 1
- CALORIES: 113
- FAT: 11.2g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 3.2g
- FIBER: 1.1
- PROTEIN: 3.7g