INGREDIENTSFOR THE COOKIES2 c.
almond flour1 c.
finely chopped pecans2 tbsp.
coconut flour1/2 tsp.
baking powder1/4 tsp.
kosher salt1/2 c.
(1 stick) butter, softened2/3 c.
Swerve brown sugar (or regular Swerve and 2 tsp. Yacon syrup)1
large egg1/2 tsp.
pure vanilla extractFOR THE VANILLA GLAZE2/3 c.
powdered Swerve sweetener or powdered erythritol6
to 8 tbsp. heavy cream1/2 tsp.
pure vanilla extract DIRECTIONSFOR THE COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 325° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, chopped pecans, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with Swerve until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Beat in almond flour mixture until dough comes together.
- Form dough into 3/4″, then roll between palms and shape into crescents. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until just lightly golden brown. They will not be firm to the touch, but will firm up as they cool. Cool on the sheets.
FOR THE GLAZE
- Whisk powdered Swerve with 1/4 cup cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon more cream at a time until a thin but spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Spread on cooled cookies and decorate as desired.
- Alternatively, simply roll cookies in powdered sweetener.