Spinach artichoke dip meets baked chicken! These juicy chicken breasts are smothered with a cheesy spinach and artichoke topping. It’s the ultimate comfort food for those following a keto or low-carb lifestyle, and will be loved by everyone in the family regardless of diet! Serve with a side of roasted broccoli or asparagus, or on top of cauliflower rice.
- ½ (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 (8 ounce)s boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Step 1Microwave spinach in a medium bowl until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool slightly and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Step 2Return spinach to the bowl. Mix in cream cheese, artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Step 3Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness, no more than 1-inch-thick. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Step 4Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Step 5Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken breasts in the hot oil, 2 to 3 minutes, working in batches if necessary. Place chicken breasts in a large baking dish. Spread spinach-artichoke mixture on top of each breast.
- Step 6Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 20 to 22 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Top breasts with the mozzarella cheese and continue baking until cheese has melted, 1 to 2 more minutes.
I normally use chicken breasts that are about 8 to 10 ounces.
Per Serving:554 calories; 33.3 g total fat; 179 mg cholesterol; 952 mg sodium. 5.4 g carbohydrates; 56 g protein;