Low-Carb Cabbage With Chicken Recipe – keto, gluten free and low-calorie. This sauteed cabbage with chicken takes 20 minutes to prepare and makes a simple, nutritious and budget friendly family meal.
This Low-Carb Cabbage With Chicken Recipe is popular in Bulgarian cooking, but I never really had the desire to make it until I got into low-carb eating.
Looking for nutritious ingredients, that are low in carbs, higher in vitamins, cook fast and pair well with protein like chicken thighs in this recipe has been my top priority.
It appears that
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS LOW-CARB CABBAGE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE?
- boneless skinless chicken thighs
- black pepper
- bay leaf
- chicken stock
- tomato sauce
- garlic powder
cabbage is not only great for salads and slaws, but also tastes amazing when sauteed, baked (you need to do it properly, so it doesn’t burn) or even added to soups.
- 2 tbsp olive oil — divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs — cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot — large, shredded
- 6 cups cabbage — shredded
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt — or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper — or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water — or chicken stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- parsley for garnishing