Low Syn Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
prep 10 mins
cook 25 mins
total 35 mins
author shevy (slimming eats)
yield 9 muffins
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 3 syns per muffin
- Green/Vegetarian – 3 syns per muffin
- WW Smart Points – 2
- 100g (3.5oz) of plain flour – 17.5 syns
- 100g (3.5oz) of ripe banana – 4.5 syns
- 15g (1 tbs) of milk or dark chocolate chips – 4 syns
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (8 tbs) of sukrin: 1
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180/350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the flour, baking powder and soda to a bowl and mix to combine
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, add the sukrin:1 and mix together. Whisk in the eggs
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix till all combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix
- Spray a muffin tray with spray oil
- Spoon the mixture into 9 compartments of the baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 mins, muffins should be golden and skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Enjoy with some fruit and a cuppa.
The syns for the baking powder and soda are negligible at less than 0.5 syns for them both and are covered in the rounding up of syns.