This easy Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables was my contribution when the family got together last weekend
SKINNY ON WEIGHT WATCHERS ORZO SALAD WITH VEGETABLES
To lighten up this recipe and make it more Weight Watchers friendly, I decreased the olive oil from 1/3 cup to 2 tablespoons, I increased the lemon juice from 4 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons and skipped the suggested rice wine vinegar.
I also increased the amount of chopped spinach to about two cups.
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Report this ad
- Cook orzo according to the package directions in plenty of salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, onions, cheese and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- When the orzo is cooked, drain it in a colander and then run it under cold water to cool it slightly. Add the drained cooled orzo to the vegetable mixture.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss it well to coat. Chill until serving.
Serving size: 2/3 cupWeight Watchers PointsPlus: *5Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *4Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *4